Why CBD Oil
It isn’t uncommon for people to feel anxious about their daily activities. Especially if they go to the dentist. One out of every four individuals is reported to have dental anxiety. In fact, dental phobia is far more prevalent than acrophobia (the phobia of heights).
We at Relax and Smile Dental Care are always mindful of our patients’ comfort and go the extra mile to allay their fears and anxieties related to dental work. Dr. Cabrera, one of the best dentists in Miami has years of experience behind her. She knows how to calm his patient’s frayed nerves and rid them of their unfounded fear of getting dental work done.
We recommend the use of CBD Oil extracts for all levels of dental anxiety. It is an effective and safe method to calm you down before visiting our dental office for your next appointment. Here is some information about what CBD Oil is, what its benefits are with reference to your dental health, your overall wellbeing and more.
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD (cannabidiol), is essentially one of the two key compounds found in hemp and cannabis plants. Cannabis contains THC; it causes the “high” that marijuana users experience. CBD, on the other hand, doesn’t have psychoactive properties. In simple words, it doesn’t give the person a “high”. However, it can be very effective with mental function. This is why CBD oil is prescribed for anxiety & depression and is now used in the dentistry field as well.
Benefits of CBD Oil
CBD Oil offers a number of benefits, both dental and for the overall wellbeing of the patient as well, such as:
- Helps Maintain Oral Microbiome: CBD Oil is an extract that doesn’t have strong antibacterial properties like most essential oil products. While it might seem like eliminating all oral bacteria is a fantastic idea, it really isn’t. That can upset the microbial balance in the mouth leading to even more dental and oral problems down the track. Oral microbial balance is closely connected with maintaining healthy gut microbiome.
- Alleviates Pain: Dr. Cabrera suggests that her patients use CBD Oil in Miami, FL for dental pain. Dental work like tooth extractions or other complex surgeries causes some inflammation and pain. CBD is a highly potent, anti-inflammatory compound that has no side-effects. This is something no other prescription pain medication can boast of.
- Reduces Anxiety: As mentioned earlier, there are a number of studies which prove that CBD oil help reduce anxiety. We at Relax and Smile Dental Care have seen a significant improvement in patients with dental anxiety, after taking CBD.
- Better Sleep: Research indicates that CBD oil concentrate Miami, FL might also help you sleep much better. Disturbed sleep affects your health and makes you age faster. It also causes your teeth to yellow over time. Poor sleep results in issues in the mouth as it interrupts breathing. Many people sleep with their mouths open which is one of the main causes of cavities. Your might recommend you use CBD Oil under the tongue before getting to bed. This can help you sleep better and reduce teeth deterioration, gum disease and cavities.
- Relief From Pain: If your teeth are excessively sensitive to cold and heat or if you find yourself struggling with chronic tooth pain, CBD Oil may be the solution for you. It’s important that you visit the best dentist in Miami, FL if you suffer from any pain in your mouth or teeth. But if you just have highly sensitive teeth Dr. Cabrera might suggest that you try CBD oil. It helps calm specific pain receptors and reduces inflammation. We may also recommend that patients use CBD oil for pain while they’re recovering from dental surgery or treatments. It is an effective, safe and non-addictive way to treat dental pain.
- Helps Heal Gum Disease: While the research in this area is limited, there’s some evidence indicating that CBD Oil can help improve gum health. If you struggle with receding or inflamed gums, including CBD Oil in Miami, FL to your everyday dental routine might help.
How To Use CBD Oil?
CBD Oil is also sometimes labeled as ‘Hemp Oil’ and is available as an oil extract, in capsule or spray form. While it is also available in wax or isolates form, the oil is far more versatile. If you ingest the oil, it may take a few hours for the effects of CBD Oil for dental anxiety, to be evident. You can either place the oil under your tongue or use a spray. The CBD oil infiltrates the mucous membrane in the mouth and enters the bloodstream. Now some companies have also begun manufacturing toothpaste, mouthwash, and gum with CBD oil content.
When You Should Consider Using CBD Oil
You might want to consider using CBD Oil if you have any of these problems:
- Poor sleep quality
- Teeth sensitivity to hot & cold
- Anxiety about visits to the dental office
- Dental Phobia
- Chronic oral or dental pain
- Receding Gums
- Digestive problems post-anesthesia or after using numbing agents
- Gum disease such as periodontitis, gingivitis, etc.