What is it?
Conscious Sedation, sometimes called Sedation Dentistry or Relaxation dentistry, is a combination of medicines to help you relax (a sedative) and to block pain (an anesthetic) during a dental procedure.
Who Should Use Sedation Dentistry?
A patient who has a lot of stress, fear, or anxiety about the dentist, may benefit from Conscious Sedation, because it allows a person to relax during their dental visit. Conscious Sedation is also an excellent option if a person needs a large amount of complex dental treatment during a single visit to the dentist. If you exhibit any of the following characteristics, Sedation Dentistry may help you:
- Patients who experience fear, stress, and anxiety about going to the dentist
- Patients with a fear of needles
- Patients who are hard to get numb
- Patients with a history of bad dental experience
- Patients with painful or sensitive teeth
- Patients with a bad gag reflex
- Patients with difficulty controlling movement from conditions such as Cerebral Palsy or Parkinson’s disease
- Patients who need complex treatment requiring long dental appointments
How it Works:
At Relax and Smile Dental Care, we use laughing gas (nitrous oxide) to sedate patients during dental procedures. Laughing gas makes patients feel calmer and experience less pain while the dentist works on the patient’s teeth.
Is it Safe?
Nitrous oxide is a safe and effective sedative agent that is mixed with oxygen and inhaled through a small mask that fits over your nose to help you relax. Laughing gas is not intended to put patients to sleep. In fact, patients can hear and respond to a dentist’s directions while feeling calm and comfortable. effects wear off soon after the patient’s mask is removed.
Call Relax and Smile now to hear more about sedation dentistry.
( Patients who are on other medications should consult with their medical doctor before taking sedatives. Previous allergic reactions to other drugs should also be reported to the sedation dentist.)
138 NE 2nd Avenue | Suite 200 | Miami, FL 33132
Phone: 305-358-3384 - Fax: 305-358-2368 email@example.com
Monday: 1:00pm-7:00pm | Tuesday-Thursday: 9:00am-5:00pm |
Friday: 9:00am-3:00pm | Saturday, Sunday: Closed